Nina Lotarski concentrates her practice on domestic relations, commercial litigation, banking and creditor’s rights, and other general civil litigation matters. She prides herself on being a zealous advocate for her clients. Although Ms. Lotarski is a tough litigator in the courtroom, she also counsels her clients as they navigate through the often stressful and overwhelming aspects of litigation.
Ms. Lotarski’s domestic relations practice focuses on protecting her client’s parental and marital rights, including but not limited to custody rights of minor children and division of martial assets. With her experience in commercial litigation, Ms. Lotarski provides well-rounded legal representation for her clients, especially when it comes to preservation of business interests, assets and financial investments. Ms. Lotarski is ready and able to represent you in various domestic relation matters, from the drafting of a prenuptial agreement to the initiation of a divorce or fighting the battle for custody and parenting time of minor children.
Michigan Super Lawyers has named Ms. Lotarski a Rising Star Honoree for Plaintiff Civil Litigation in 2022 and Family Law in 2023.
A believer in community service and promoting female leadership, Ms. Lotarski provides pro bono legal services for the Junior League of Detroit, a female-run, century old volunteer group that focuses on bettering the surrounding community. In addition, Ms. Lotarski is a committee member for the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan: the WLAMOM Committee and the Gender Equity Committee.
While in law school, Ms. Lotarski served as president of the St. Thomas More Society where she organized charity events for women’s shelters, food banks and military outreach. Ms. Lotarski also served as an Associate Board Member for the University of Detroit Mercy Moot Court, participated in the National Trial Advocacy Competition, was named on the Dean’s List and received a Book Award for the highest grade in Trial Practice and in Property. As an undergraduate, Ms. Lotarski received two first place awards for writing: one for nonfiction short story and fiction short story.
- State of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
J.D. Cum Laude, 2016 Book Awards: Trial Practice, Property
- University of Michigan, Dearborn, Michigan
- Minor in English Summa Cum Laude, 2013
- Criminal Law Clinic, 35th District Court, 2016 Criminal Defense
- O’Reilly Rancilio P.C., 2015-2016
Litigation and Municipal
- Michigan Attorney General Office, 2014-2015
Child Abuse and Neglect Prosecution, Wayne County Child and Youth Services Division
- Bodman PLC, 2012-2013 Banking and Transactional
- State Bar of Michigan
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, 2020-present: WLAMOM Committee, Gender Equity Committee
- St. Thomas More Society, UDM, 2014-2016
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Super Lawyers Rising Star Honoree for Family Law 2023
- Super Lawyers Rising Star Honoree for Plaintiff Civil Litigation, 2021, 2022