Areas of Practice
Joseph N. Ejbeh is a senior partner in the commercial litigation and business law practice groups with a concentrated and specialized practice:
- Representation of lenders, credit unions, national banking associations, and other financial institutions:
- Defensive Litigation
- Special Assets
- UCC Articles 3 and 4 Instruments and Deposits
- Retail Banking Center Issues
- Loan Workouts
- Commercial Lending Litigation
- Lender Liability Defense
- Article 9 and Security Interests
- Loan Documentation and Financial Services
- Regulatory Issues
- Complex commercial litigation and business law matters bringing 30-years of trial experience handling complex commercial and business law litigation involving all types of claims and controversies sounding in contract and tort theories of liability. Joseph has extensive trial experience in federal court, state court, district court, and all forms of alternative dispute resolution processes including litigation of complex commercial matters before the American Arbitration Association.
- Documentation of complex contractual matters for the purchase and sale of real estate and businesses.
Prior to joining the firm, Joseph was Assistant General Counsel and Managing Director of Talmer Bank and Trust and Chemical Bank. He also has 25 plus years of additional litigation and transactional legal experience as stated above in private practice.
Before beginning his legal career, Joseph was an officer of the U.S. Treasury, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms in Detroit, Chicago and Washington, D.C.
Joseph received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Detroit in 1984 with summa cum laude distinction, where he received several academic achievement awards in recognition for outstanding scholarly achievement.
Joseph received a Juris Doctor from the University of Detroit School of Law in 1993, magna cum laude, where he was an associate editor of the law review and received numerous awards for academic achievement and distinction.
Joseph is active in the community and participates in numerous organizations including the Macomb County Bar Association, Michigan Trial Lawyers Association, and the Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association. Joseph sits as a Case Evaluator in multiple counties.
- Michigan (1993)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan (1993)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan (1997)